Why choose Karen?
It certainly is a combination of several qualities that make a great portrait photographer.
Aside from all of the facts and credentials listed below, most importantly I quickly and easily connect with people from all backgrounds, and of all ages. I am an open book, unguarded, calm, happy, positive, balanced and I wear my heart on my sleeve. My camera is effectively an extension of myself and accurate technicalities flow without second thought. I am grateful to have the life experience, the hind sight and the emotional maturity that provides an added element to my portrait work. We have a short time together for our session and it is solely my responsibility to create the energy and environment that invites you to freely allow your true self to be seen.
It also really is a combination of several approving elements that make an honest, transparent business. And a huge part of business success is in good, old fashioned, personal customer service. This is something I confidently pride myself on. I like to treat my clients like members of my family, from start to finish and after. I’m not just talking about replying to emails and texts quickly, or providing finished orders as quickly and perfectly as possible… I’m talking about making breakfast for clients who arrive with their newborn and haven’t had a chance to eat, looking after a set of twins for an extra half hour as both parents have fallen asleep on the lounge and desperately need rest, having a stash of newborn/new Mum essentials on hand for new parents learning the ropes, playing cards or drawing with your toddler while you feed your newborn, sending an urgent print over to a clients dear Grandmother who wasn’t feeling well at all – this made her day. Great customer service definitely lies in the little things.
For the theoretical readers, here are the facts and credentials:
- I have over 24 years experience as a photographer, and 14 years experience photographing newborns, babies, children and families.
- I spent the late 90’s working for another company photographing weddings solo on film cameras (digital was only a few years away), which means you absolutely must have advanced technical camera/photographic skills, I had a 99% success rate.
- I’ve been awarded on a state, national and international level, also published nationally and internationally.
- I am a fully accredited member of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography for many years now which means I am bound by a code of ethics, so I am required to have insurance, and continue with ongoing training every year. For you this means protection, and that you are dealing with an ethical professional photographer.
- I believe in quality, very high quality in every aspect, material and otherwise. Quality must start at the very beginning so a solid foundation is set ready to follow through. Life is too fragile and short to waste our time on anything less.
- I am currently vaccinated against Whooping Cough until January 2030.
- I also have my Working With Children Clearance issued by the NSW Government, valid until March 2028.